Terms and Conditions, Waiver (Revised 21st July 2021)
I HEREBY ASSUME ALL OF THE RISKS OF PARTICIPATING IN ANY/ALL ACTIVITIES ASSOCIATED WITH CHARLOTTE REFFOLD TRADING AS PANIQ ROOMS AND RELEASE CHARLOTTE REFFOLD TRADING AS PANIQ ROOMS OF LIABILITY AND PUBLICITY including but not limited to, any risks that may arise from negligence or carelessness on the part of the persons or entities being released, from dangerous or defective equipment or property owned, maintained, or controlled by them, or because of their possible liability without fault. I certify that I understand this activity has potential inherent risks including but not limited to:
1. Mental stress and anxiety
2. Confinement in a small space with multiple persons
3. Being held in restraints
4. Use of simple tools and manipulatives
5. Potentially moving or lifting objects weighing no more than 10 pounds
6. Physical activity such as getting on knees to look under things
7. Potential of failure to escape the room within the 60-minute allotted time
People with heart conditions, asthma, anxiety disorders, PTSD, lights/sound sensitivity or pregnant women might choose to refrain from participating, if you do participate you do so at your own risk and assume all responsibility.
I certify that I have no physical or mental illness that precludes me from participating in this activity in a safe manner for myself or others. I am not under the influence of drugs or alcohol which impairs my ability to maintain my safety awareness or endangers others. I acknowledge that this Accident /Release of Liability Waiver and Media Release authorisation will be used by the organisers of the activity in which I may participate and that it will govern my actions and responsibilities at said activity. I agree that all staff or authorised agents may, at their sole discretion, determine it unsafe for myself or others for my participation to continue, remove me from the premises by their authorisation or any lawful means.
In consideration of my participation in this activity, I hereby act for myself, my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin, successors, and assigns as follows:
1. I WAIVE, RELEASE, AND DISCHARGE from any and all liability, including but not limited to, liability arising from the negligence or fault of the entities or persons released (Charlotte Reffold trading as PanIQ Rooms), for my death, disability, personal injury, property damage, property theft, or actions of any kind which may occur to me, THE FOLLOWING ENTITIES OR PERSONS: The directors, officers, registered agents, owners, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents of any and all entities authorising this activity, including but not limited to the property owners.
2. INDEMNIFY, HOLD HARMLESS, AND PROMISE NOT TO SUE the entities or persons (Charlotte Reffold trading as PanIQ Rooms) mentioned in this form from any and all liabilities or claims made as a result of participation in this activity, whether caused by the negligence of release or otherwise. I acknowledge that the directors, officers, registered agents, owners, employees, volunteers, representatives, and agents of any authorising entity (Charlotte Reffold trading as PanIQ Rooms) are NOT RESPONSIBLE for errors, omissions, acts, or failures to act of any party or entity conducting specific activity on their behalf.
3. I HEREBY CONSENT TO RECEIVE MEDICAL TREATMENT which may be deemed advisable by the released entity (Charlotte Reffold trading as PanIQ Rooms) in the event of injury, accident, and/or illness during this activity.
4. I UNDERSTAND THAT WHILE PARTICIPATING IN THIS ACTIVITY, I MAY BE PHOTOGRAPHED, our CCTV cameras are for the sole purpose of the gamemaster to observe the game and give clues as needed. It is your choice to have a team photo taken, but it will only be accessible through PanIQ Rooms social media pages. I agree to allow my photo, video, or film likeness to be used for any legitimate purpose this authorising entity (Charlotte Reffold trading as PanIQ Rooms) determines to be conducive to marketing this business.
This Accident/Release of Liability Waiver and Media Release Authorisation shall be construed broadly to provide a release and waiver to the maximum extent permissible under applicable law. (under 18’s will need a parent or legal guardian to fill out the media release section).
5. I AGREE TO PAY FOR ALL DAMAGES to the facilities of (Charlotte Reffold trading as PanIQ Rooms) caused by my neglect, recklessness and or wilful conduct.
6. I AGREE TO OBSERVE AND OBEY ALL RULES AND WARNINGS, and to follow any oral instructions or directions given by (Charlotte Reffold trading as PanIQ Rooms) or its employees, representatives, or agents. Anybody that does not follow rules will be asked to leave.
7. NO PERSONS UNDER THE AGE OF 8 IS PERMITTED TO PLAY, this room is rated as PG-13 some material may be inappropriate and not suitable for people under the age of 13. Parental guidance is urged as this room contains blood, violence, gore and jump scares. UNDER 14’S MUST BE ACCOMPANIED BY AN ADULT (18+ YEARS), the adult must be a paying member of the group and the group size must not exceed the maximum number advertised. Any under 18’s must have permission to attend. They must print and bring a signed copy of terms and conditions from a parent or a legal guardian.
8. FOOD AND DRINKS MAY NOT BE BROUGHT INTO THE ESCAPE ROOM.
9. (CANCELLATION POLICY) IF YOU CANCEL your booking you must notify us at least 14 days before your booking to receive a full refund, you may be charged a £10 processing fee to cancel. If your cancellation falls outside the 14 day grace period no refund will be given but we will endeavour to rearrange your booking wherever possible but cannot guarantee that it will be possible, in which case we reserve the right to cancel your booking without a refund.
WE OFFER NO REFUNDS OR RESCHEDULES WITHIN 24 HOURS OF ALLOTTED TIME SLOT.
10. IF WE CANCEL or need to reschedule your booking for any reason, we will use reasonable endeavours to notify you of this change. In this instance you will be offered a 100% refund without a cancellation fee or offer you an alternative date.
Although we will use our best efforts to notify you of any changes it is your responsibility to ascertain whether your booking has been cancelled or rescheduled. We will advertise any changes or last-minute closures on our website and/or social media pages.
11. LATE ARRIVALS we ask that you arrive 5-10 minutes prior to your scheduled time to ensure that you are here for your allotted time slot, the gamemaster will meet you at the entrance at your allotted time. If you are 10-30 minutes late the game time will be reduced. If you are more than 30 minutes late the game will be cancelled. We offer no refunds or rescheduling of any matter within 24 hours of allotted time slot.
12. PLEASE DOUBLE CHECK how many tickets and the date and time you are purchasing when you make a reservation, it will be visible right before you make the payment. No exclusions from our cancellation policy will be made due to “bookings made by mistake”.
13. DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE GAME, NO RECORDINGS to be taken inside the room, that includes the use of mobile phones, recording devices and cameras. The use of such devices is not permitted at any time. Charlotte Reffold trading as PanIQ Rooms expects visitors not to disclose details of the game directly or indirectly to the public.
If you are booking on behalf of a group, please download and share these terms and conditions. Ensure that you have the consent of all members of the team before making a booking and that all members of your team have read and agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. The person who completes the booking will be the “lead name” for the purposes of the booking. The lead name must be 18 years of age or over at the time of booking. The lead name is responsible for payment of the total booking price, which may include any subsequent cancellation or amendment charges that may be payable. The lead name must confirm that all the other members of the party agree to be bound by these terms and conditions and provide accurate and full information to the remainder of the group in relation to the booking, including any subsequent changes.
BY ACCEPTING THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS I CERTIFY THAT I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT AND I FULLY UNDERSTAND ITS CONTENT. I AM AWARE THAT THIS IS A RELEASE OF LIABILITY, MEDIA AUTHORISATION, AND TERMS AND CONDITIONS I MUST FOLLOW by making a booking, the first named person on the booking (“the Lead Name”) agrees on behalf of all persons detailed on the booking that:
1. They have read these terms and conditions and have the authority to and does agree to be bound by them.
3. Everyone on the booking is over 18 years of age, anyone under this age will have to fill out the next section.
4. All information given to us is true and accurate.
UNDER 18’S WILL NEED TO HAVE PERMISSION TO ATTEND FROM A PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN. THIS NEXT SECTION NEEDS TO BE PRINTED AND COMPLETED BY THEM AFTER THOROUGHLY READING THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS/WAIVER. ALTERNATIVELY, THE DOCUMENT CAN BE SIGNED IN RECEPTION IF THE PARENT OR LEGAL GUARDIAN IS ATTENDING.
PLAYERS HAVE THE OPTION TO HAVE A TEAM PHOTO TAKEN, IT IS THEN UPLOADED TO OUR SOCIAL MEDIA PAGES FOR VIEWING it will not be used by Charlotte Reffold trading as PanIQ Rooms in any print publications, online publications, presentations, and websites. As our social media pages are not private the photo will be publicly available for anyone to see/use. Your child’s personal information will never appear only the team name that they have chosen. Please select the box below to give your consent to release imagery of your child mentioned above to our social media pages.